The Prince Albert Guest House was originally built as a Sea Captains Home. In 1867, the house was built for Captain Abner Rich after fire destroyed the old Universalist Church which previously occupied the site. At the time Captain Rich was President of Central Wharf Company, which was the largest wharf company in Provincetown during the late 19th century.
The residence has been operated as a bed and breakfast for the past several decades under various names such as The Captain and His Ship, Officers Quarters and The Captain’s Inn. Bob Sanborn purchased the property in 2007 and set in motion the creation of a Premier Inn called the Prince Albert Guest House. Paul and Andy acquired the property in 2018 and have since carried on the traditions and legacy of the Prince Albert Guest House Bob created.